Be Careful

Please be very careful with this host as they will deactivate your account at any time and will not allow you access to any of your site files.

Make sure you run cron and save make backups regularly.

Very very shady. Please give me my files!

Let me guess. Warez? Copyrighted music or videos? Spamming? All of these?

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

none of the above

I copy and pasted images from one public forum to another.

The same person made DMCA complaints who didn’t own the images any more then I did.

I just want my files.

I guess scjessey was close…copyrighted photos.

-Scott

Yeah I’d be upset if someone who didn’t have rights put in a “DMCA complaint” out of spite or whatever, but at the end of the day copyright is still copyright and DreamHost do have clear and concise rules regarding such material.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

no problem with TOS I just wish I would have been told “we’re going to deactivate your account if you don’t respond”

or something so I could have made a backup. Since I am denied any files I am screwed out nice residual income and this is what’s f’d up.

You were told. You were told in the TOS that you just said you didn’t have a problem with.

I guess you’re the type that tries to put on a seat belt once you realize you’re about to be in an accident.

Smart people always keep backups.

Awww, poor baby. How dare they not give you access to files that aren’t even yours in the first place!

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

whatever tough guy, just so long as others learn from my mistake

I would write some negative reviews, but there’s so many of bad reviews its pretty pointless.

Who’s going to learn from it? I think most people already know that copyright violations and breaking the TOS just might lead to getting booted.

I guess that, “I got booted because I can’t follow simple directions,” is your idea of a negative review? :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH