Basic file uploading question

I am thinking about buying a dreamhost hosting plan for uploading photos and then putting them into a webpage coded using basic HTML. Does dreamhost automatically create a ftp account for you? And is additional setup needed to create webpages? I am sorry if I am not being that straight forward, and I will try to clarify anything that is not understood.

Yep, though I recommend using the one-click install of Gallery if you want a nice photo site - though this does lack for a bit in storytelling, for which WordPress does better.

With either of these, you don’t even need to ftp.

But yes, you do get ftp with DreamHost.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

It’s easier to upload pictues (especially if there is a lot of them) with ftp.

BTW, with Gallery, there is also a java client to do all basic tasks right from your desktop

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

It is actually really simple and Dreamhost’s built in and available tools will work perfectly.

Also – your account will come with an FTP account but you can add others.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

I wish I could use all of your promo codes to reward you for your helpfulness, but unfortunately I can I only use one, I have chosen at random moua for the code 97USA.

[quote]It’s easier to upload pictues (especially if there is a lot of them) with ftp.

BTW, with Gallery, there is also a java client to do all basic tasks right from your desktop[/quote]
Gallery and Gallery Remote is actually what I was suggesting as being easier than ftp. I have a Gallery site and use the Gallery Remote java client (not the simple java uploader). It’s wonderful in that it will give you a view of your gallery structure in a local application and then allow you to synchronize it with your gallery on the server. You not only add photos, but can organize, caption, and describe them in detail.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Kind of you to use a code - Welcome!

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Welcome to DH :slight_smile:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here