Bandwidth Throttling question

I created a new subdomain for my site yesterday. The subdomain is live and I uploaded content to it. It will serve solely as a vault for video and sound, so I need to make sure bandwidth throttling is in place.

The domain, however, is not listed in the Bandwidth tab of the control panel, so I can’t throttle it. I’m guessing there is some sort of a delay before it shows up on the bandwidth tab? Does anyone know how long it takes?

Devol

If it is only updated once a day does that make bandwidth throttling instant or does it have to wait a day for the script to view the logs?

willscorner.net

I guess it makes sense that it is updated daily.

I created the domain on Saturday, 6/5 and asked this question on Sunday 6/6, 1 day later.

It is now Monday, 6/7, and I still don’t see the new domain on the bandwidth screen to throttle it.

I’m hosting a 200 meg video in a password protected directory and am eager to throttle it.

Devol

Throttling is via the https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=status.bw& Panel…

If you subdomain does not show up then most likely either DH has not updated the BW statistics or you have yet to utilise the bandwidth on that domain… I would suggest putting in a support ticket on this…