Bandwidth per user

Hi !

Can i limit the bandwidth per user ?

I want to limit how many bandwidth can use a domain per month.

[quote]Can i limit the bandwidth per user ?
I want to limit how many bandwidth can use a domain per month.[/quote]
I am not sure if it is what you are looking for, but you can set a ‘throttle’ threshold for a domain, when this limit is reached the domain will be served from a different web directory than usual. This directory might contain a message to your users or perhaps a low bandwidth version of the site.

More information can be found in the wiki article linked below;

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/KB_/Account_Control_Panel/Status::_Bandwidth

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Hi Mark !

All i wanna do is set a bandwidth limit per domain. If this limit is reached, i want to display a page with a “Bandwidth Exceeded” alert.

That is kind of what the throttle feature does. You could have the ‘Bandwidth Exceeded’ page setup in the throttle.yourdomain.com directory. Obviously, the method is not perfect, for one thing, the bandwidth usage is only checked every 24 hours and the throttle.yourdomain.com directory will be accessible by whichever user ‘owns’ the domain.

Unfortunately I know of no other way to implement a bandwidth limit for a domain, sorry.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] ( Click for promo code details )