Thanks for reminding me of that; I had forgotten to reference, or correct that post. You are correct about what the other user reported. I did “test” what he said about the “space” working so I updated the wiki.
That said, it didn’t seem to jive with what I remembered about the command line use of MySQL so I subsequently tested it myself both ways, and then researched it in the MySQL documentation.
The end result was as I reported in my post in this thread. I can only assume that he had some other error, besides the space, that he corrected at the same time that allowed the command to work for him (or possibly he had a host that had not yet propagated that began to work).
At any rate, the wiki article is correct either way.