Backing up mailing lists

Hello,

How can I back up my mailing list archives?
I didn’t see on the wiki. I’d like to have a copy on my computer.
Thanks,

Charles.

You can export your mailing list.

Check this. It gives detailed instructions on how to do that.

Good luck!

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Thanks. Actually, I meant the message archives (not the list of subscribers). Any idea?

I don’t know of any archive that is maintained of your messages - I just have myself as a member of the list, and save each of messages as I receive them. :wink:

-rlparker

But I mean, I have archives on the server somewhere. What if I decide to go to a dedicated server somewhere else? How can I migrate the message archive?
Thanks,

Charles.

AH! I wasn’t thinking too clearly this morning. Copies of all your sent messages are maintained with the announcement list system - just click the “history” link under the “actions” column on the Announcement list management page on the row for your selected list. All of your “sent” messages are maintained there. :wink:

I had never even though to look for them,as I don’t need them (since I send one to myself at every mailing, and just save that)

–rlparker

Oh, sorry, I meant “Discussion Lists”, for instance here: http://lists.neuridia.org/pipermail/dev-neuridia.org/

If you mean other than that archive, I have no idea. You can’t just use that info to capture your archive information?

–rlparker

You mean save these pages as HTML? I don’t know how I would restore them, and it’s not very convenient…

Yeah, I see your point. Google shows several approaches for migrating mailman archives, but I don’t know how we would go about implementing any of them on DreamHost.

I’m looking at some of these options a little more closely … maybe we can “hack” our way into backing them up, if we can determine the correct url(s) to use to “get at” the back-end" mailman stuff (or maybe DreamHost support has a “trick up their sleeves”, or could do the back up for you?)

It might be worth generating a support ticket to see what they say! :wink:

–rlparker

Thanks, will do.