Backing Up Dreamhost Files on Amazon S3

I’m trying to back up some of my photos from my picture gallery onto Amazon S3. What I’d like to do is rsync the folder with all the pictures onto S3, but since you can’t rsync “directly” to S3, I’m having some trouble.

I’ve tried to install jungledisk, but it needs some libraries that dreamhost doesn’t seem to provide. When I run it, I get the following message:

jungledisk/jungledisk: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Has anyone successfully been able to rsync from Dreamhost to Amazon S3? Jungledisk might not necessarily be the solution – other programs might be better. Any thoughts?

-A

I don’t believe that file exists. At least it doesn’t on my server. Here is what locate returned for me:

[quote]$ locate libstdc++.so
/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/libstdc++.so
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/libstdc++.so
/usr/lib/libc5-compat/libstdc++.so.27
/usr/lib/libc5-compat/libstdc++.so.27.2.1
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7[/quote]
Maybe you can try creating a link in your userspace or something?

I ran this: “ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7 ./libstdc++.so.6” and it appeared to create the link. There is no guarantee that the program you’re trying to run will work with that version of libstdc++, but you might want to give it a shot.

I would be interested in this if you end up getting it working. If you do, please post back to this thread. Thanks!