Awstats

apps

So, I wanted to install awstats as I used it on my last host. Unfortuantly, after following the wiki’s directions, I’m getting a 500 internal error when I go to my http://www.geekshow.us/statistics area. The Error looks like this:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@geekshow.us and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Anyone know what would cause this?

Well, it turns out that it is my .htaccess file. Anyone know why this would be causing problems if it’s “DirectoryIndex (name of the awstats.html file here)”? Its just like the wiki says it should be.

While I’m at it…does anyone know why A> crontab -e gives me a permission denied and B> Why when I set awstats to allow updates from browser, it doesn’t put a button on the page to update?

Sorry, don’t know about your awstats error. However the cron error comes from somethign being misconfigured with your user or account. Contact support about it.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Thanks for that help. Now maybe someone can help me to further my progress a bit more…

So I got crontab fixed. I can do crontab -e to bring up the edit program now. Unfortuantly, something is borked with the instructions on the wiki. First, it says to enter:

0 3 * * * perl /home/yourusername/awstats/tools/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -config=example.com -update
-awstatsprog=/home/yourusername/awstats/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -dir=/home/yourusername/example.com/statistics/

Which, I already figured out was wrong, cause the crontab wiki page says that you can’t use just perl, you have to use /usr/local/bin/perl … So I tried both ways. But in both cases with my information replacing the ‘yourusername’ ‘example.com’, etc, I still can’t get the crontab to work after saving and exiting.

It always says:

no crontab for geekshow - using an empty one
crontab: installing new crontab
"/tmp/crontab.1hNr93/crontab":1: bad minute
errors in crontab file, can’t install.
Do you want to retry the same edit?

Is this an error with the code the wiki told me to use? Or is this another problem with cron on my machine? Or what? Help would be appreciated! Thanks :slight_smile:

Well, it looks like it may work to take out the perl line altogether, I guess we will see…

Are you sure it’s not wrapping onto two line? that command has to appear all on one line.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website