Automatic Backup script problem

software development

I’m following the steps listed in the Wiki here but have come up with an error when testing the mysql.sh script. I get the error:

[i]mysqldump: Got error: 2005: Unknown MySQL server host ‘drupal_lbc.lightbeingcreations.co.uk’ (1) when trying to connect[/i]

So I’m guessing the problem is when I edited the script for my database details:

[i]mysqldump --opt -uUser -ppass -h mysqlA.domain.com db_nameA > mysql/db_nameA.$suffix.sql[/i]

I changed:

[i]mysqlA.domain.com db_nameA[/i]

to

[i]drupal_lbc.lightbeingcreations.co.uk drupal_lbc[/i] (I think it’s the first bit that’s wrong)

Any suggestions?

Most likely your http://drupal_lbc.lightbeingcreations.co.uk/ subdomain hasn’t propagated yet. Unless you forgot to create it. :smiley:

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

In that case I’ve got the syntax wrong as it’s not a sub-domain.

Have played around and I had the hostname wrong!

Tis running fine now.

Just struggling now with the contrab stage :frowning:

[quote]Just struggling

[/quote]

It’s easier if you don’t try hard. :slight_smile:

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

very true…

got that set up…

now the automated ftp to do…