Authentication form

I just ordered a web hosting plan from dreamhost and paid by credit card. In an email I received, it said "If you are paying by credit card, please print out the authorization form at:

…and fax it to us at 714.990.2600."

I tried to send the fax 3 times and kept getting a busy signal. Does this happen often and I just need to keep trying, or is there some kind of problem, and if so what should I do?

Unfortunately, it is often hard to get through to a busy fax line at at large company.

The Dreamhost “Contact Us” page lists a different Fax number, but I assume they may have sent you a different one for your purpose (and now that you have published it here, it might be even harder to connect to!) Even though the Contact Us page makes it very clear that “Technical & Billing support is not available via FAX”, I suspect that many still send their, “OMG! My Server is Down!” stuff to it, which only serves to make it very hard to connect to.

I suggest you keep trying, and don’t hesitate to generate a Support Request from the Control Panel if you just can’t manage to get through. As a last resort, you could also contact them via the “sales” contact form Good Luck!

–rlparker

…and fax it to us at 714.990.2600."

The Dreamhost “Contact Us” page lists a different Fax number, but I assume they may have sent you a different one for your purpose (and now that you have published it here, it might be even harder to connect to!)

http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.html

FAX: 714-990-2600

Looks same to me. Maybe OP was editted?

many still send their, “OMG! My Server is Down!” stuff

Hey, great idea! Thanks!

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

How many tries does it normally take? I’m already up to my 8th try and my fax hasn’t gone through yet. Should I keep trying? Is this fax number ever going to work? What’s the least busy time of day when it’s most likely to go through?

Yep. Or the “Contact Us” page was edited? :wink: . I can’t remember now which was which, but one of them had the number as 714-990-9600 at the time I posted.

Yea…I probably should not have put that in there. I’m sure it happens enough as it is, and I suppose now some of these rocket-scientists will think it actually is a good idea :open_mouth: Doh!

–rlparker

Come on now, what makes you think any one here can answer those questions for you? This is a customer-to-customer forum, and we can’t reliably tell you how many times it “normally” takes, whether or not you should keep trying, or whether or not the fax number “is ever going to work”.

As for the least busy time of day, the best we could do is “guess”, and probably not very well at that (given that DH hosts clients from all over the world).

–rlparker