Assign External Hosted Domain Name to DreamHost Email Account

I just signed up for a DreamHost email account in order to evaluate it as a new email hosting (only) solution. I have no other hosting with DH including domain or web hosting. When I signed up for the DH email account, I selected to choose the domain later rather then to obtain one or using existing (I wasn’t sure yet which domain I wanted to use initially). Initially, if I had selected to use existing externally hosted domain name, it allowed me to specify the domain name (dsfp.info) and continue with checkout - but as mentioned, I didn’t follow this path instead opting to choose later.

Now that I have a DH email account, I am trying to figure out how to apply my dsfp.info externally hosted domain name to my DH email account (understanding that I’d have to modify mx records at the domain name host). I can’t seem to add the domain anywhere as DH either says its unavilable to obtain (since its already mine elswhere) or I can transfer it (not yet ready to do that).

How do I assign my externally hosted dsfp.info domain name with my DH email account?

thanks

You’ll need to get someone at DreamHost to attach the domain to your account internally.

Panel → Support → Contact Support

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.