.ASP NET Servers

Hey DH,

There’s an e-commerce solution that I feel I have no option but to use. Product Cart BTO. I don’t want to use it but there’s nothing else out there that does what I need it to do. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem but it run on ASP shudders.

I don’t want to have to pay someone else for ASP hosting. I’d rather pay double for DH to host it. Please tell me you have ASP Server hosting in the works…or perhaps an option for me?

• Nick

ASP would require us to offer Windows hosting, which we have no intention of doing in the foreseeable future. Sorry.

Noooo! I figured you’d say that. Suggestions on a PHP alternative?

I’m not specifically familiar with either Product Cart BTO, but there’s actually an online store provider we’re partnering with (CafeCommerce) which provides this functionality as “product variations”.

You can sign up for CafeCommerce directly at cafecommerce.com, or through the DreamHost Web Panel.

I looked at CafeCommerce initially and I didn’t think that’s what I needed. I’m checking in to it now. If that’s actually what I need…god damn DH, you’d have done it again :slight_smile:

EDIT

Unfortunately not what I’m looking for :frowning:

Maybe you can tell us what you are looking for, so we can make suggestions. Personaly I have never heard of BTO, but I assume it is not a standard shopping cart, since CafeCom does not suite your needs.

Have you looked at Ubercart for Drupal. Haven’t used it myself so really don’t know if it is that good or not but Drupal supports it. It is written in PHP.