[ASAP] Anyone else suddenly having OwnCloud IMAP and custom Roundcube login problems

vps

After this weekend, none of my email users can sign into our OwnCloud instance that uses IMAP auth, or our custom Roundcube instance. This is affecting all my users across multiple domains.

Thunderbird on my desktop and K9 on my phone both work. mailboxes.* works. webmail.dreamhost.com works.

Both Owncloud and Roundcube both worked prior to this weekend. The configurations DID NOT change, and haven’t changed in months.

But don’t tell DH support that. They will just tell you to check your config to ensure they are correct (completely ignoring that they’ve worked for months), and they don’t offer support for custom installations. Completely useless.

I’m pissed, because this is costing my business dearly. Everything we do is done through OC. My business is at a complete standstill, and DH support refuses to admit that something has changed on their side. They won’t even look into it. If I can’t get this resolved today I’m forced to move all my hosting to someone else. Not because I want to, but because I have to. I can’t have this disruption.

ADDITIONAL INFO from Roundcube logs:

[13-Oct-2014 08:58:57 -0700]: IMAP Error: Login failed for ACCOUNT@DOMAIN from IP. Could not connect to ssl://mail.DOMAIN.com:993: Connection timed out in /home/my_account/DOMAIN.com/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /?_task=login?_task=lo gin&_action=login)

So, is anyone else having problems? Did you resolve it?

An update. It looks like my VPS is being blocked from connecting to homie.

TIMEOUT AFTER 63 SECONDS:

[psXXXXXX]$ date; telnet homie.mail.dreamhost.com 143; date Mon Oct 13 20:47:22 PDT 2014 Trying 208.97.132.208... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out Mon Oct 13 20:48:25 PDT 2014

TIMEOUT AFTER 63 SECONDS:

[psXXXXXX]$ date; telnet homie.mail.dreamhost.com imap; date Mon Oct 13 20:50:07 PDT 2014 Trying 208.97.132.208... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out Mon Oct 13 20:51:10 PDT 2014

We aren’t blocking VPSes from connecting to IMAP in general, but it’s possible that your VPS has been blocked specifically for repeated failed logins (possibly because one of your users, or a script you’re running, is using an incorrect username or password). Contact DreamHost Support for details.

I did. Waiting for a response. Thanks.

“The problem resolved itself.”