Apu is down!

i cant access any of my sites

The server seems to be up to me. Your sites being unreachable could be anything–not necessarily an entire server being down.

What is the domain name that you can’t reach?

Pinging apu.dreamhost.com [208.113.148.26] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 208.113.148.26: bytes=32 time=65ms TTL=46
Reply from 208.113.148.26: bytes=32 time=79ms TTL=46
Reply from 208.113.148.26: bytes=32 time=64ms TTL=46
Reply from 208.113.148.26: bytes=32 time=67ms TTL=46

Ping statistics for 208.113.148.26:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 64ms, Maximum = 79ms, Average = 68ms

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Oh look! Another mis-reported outage. Can this be true?

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Nah, it’s down. Seiler’s just getting false-positive pings that it’s up. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Scott

Thankyou for all your kind replies.Unfortunately we aren’t all as tech savvy as you.When I see 6 of my sites not working I assume the server is down.Perhaps a little “try this first before reporting” or “this is how you check” post would be more helpful.But what the hey.Let the kids have their fun.I know now not to say anything in these forums again.

You had bad luck to visit when a new outages@DreamHost wiki was in discussion, and people were negative and sarcastic.

Also, you had bad luck with smarty pants replies started by scjessey, who tries stupid jokes. Seiler tried to help.

Be fair, you could give more detail in problem description.

Once you accept that some of us can be jerks, you’ll find that we’re actually NICE jerks.

Wholly

You are quite right. I probably shouldn’t have written the comment above. I guess after being here for a few years I am beginning to get a little frustrated with the constant “server is down” posts that are almost always nothing of the kind.

I apologize to the original poster.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

See! (grin)

Just remember that one of us will always be a putz. The question is, which one of us is being the putz?

I’m on for Friday, right guys?

Wholly