Apache/PHP server

software development

I am using Dreamweaver on OS X 10.3. I am having trouble setting things up for a dynamic website. I am following directions from the book Dreamweaver 8 with ASP, ColdFusion, and PHP.

I followed all of the directions, but still I just get 404 messages when I try to view the files.

I’m not a programmer, so the lingo is lost on me. But if someone could walk me through it, or give me a website to check out, I’d be eternally grateful.

EFP

Well, I’m not overly familiar with Dreamweave, but your first problem may be with asp. Not sure if you’re using that or just html/php but asp simply won’t work here at dreamhost. asp is a microsoft thing, and dreamhost is all linux.

Sorry that I can’t help with the rest, but I’m sure someone who can will come along shortly.

-Matttail

Dear Matt,

Thanks for the info. Luckily, I’m not using asp. I’m going with straight php and html. I’m working on a Mac, so there is no windows anything on my system.

Still trying to work it out.

E

Are you uploading the files from Dreamweaver to the correct location? If you can FTP to your website do you see the files under your website folder which will be named after your domain name. i.e. example.com

Norm