Apache not running after hardware migration

It appears that apache2 is not running after the our VPS was migrated to new hardware this morning.

“top” is showing zero instances of apache, and no one can connect to our sites for the last 6 - 8 hours. I have filed numerous help requests and have not had any answers.

We have access via the shell, I am assuming that means the migration is complete and the server is up and running.

Any advice on how to check if apache is up, or installed, or how to start it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-J

I’m sure apache is installed on all machines. DH is a web hosting company. It is too shame to miss that.

Have you received an email saying the migration is completed? If not, maybe your server is not ready yet.

This is to do with infrastructure and we can’t help much. Hope DH support will get back to you soon and problem will be solved.

You can keep up-to-date with the progress of this restore by checking the announcement in your panel. :slight_smile: We’re still looking into your services specifically, and you should be hearing from one of our lovely Tech Support team members soon. Thanks for your patience!

Update: We just emailed you! Please reply there directly with any questions/concerns you might have. Again, we appreciate your patience during this downtime. :slight_smile:

Well… things ran for about a day :frowning:
And now the server is completely unresponsive. Will not even return a ping. DH says "This is an update to let you know that the restore continues to remain stable on your server, and your sites should be loading as expected."
Support Please Help Soon!
-J

Sorry to hear about your downtime again :confused: Rest assured, we have your tickets and all the info you sent our way. Our admins are hard at work investigating and will follow up again with an update as soon as we have more info for you. Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation!

I’m Dream-ling with a better server, better host, better services … more consideration.
What a hell are you doing??

Every day my clients call me complaining about your server and you are not able to respond to my tickets … answer me.

You are no longer the dreamhost for me are the nightmarehost.

Hello Tony,

We apologize for any delay in response! We did not forget about your ticket, our support team was investigating your issue. A support manager recently replied to you by email, you can click here https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.his& to view all your support history. If you have any questions or need any further support please reply to the email sent or click here https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg& to send our support team a ticket.

Thank you for your patience,
Matt C