I have just starting diving into PHP and have successfully added a CubeCart shopping cart to my website. Everything works fine, except a search engine friendly mod that I added. The instructions offer three options that require modification to the .htaccess file. I can't seem to find the information in the .htaccess file that I need to change.
Here's the instructions on the mod:
- Now you must select a server configuration to use from the admin panel. I suggest trying them in the order of:
1) Apache RewriteRule supported
2) Apache directory 'lookback' and ForceType supported
3) Apache directory 'lookback' supported only
Select a server configuration and click on the 'update settings' button. Now go to your store and browse through it, if you can view your products then the server configuration you selected is valid for your server. If you have gone through the whole list and still cannot browse through your store then try following steps.
1) Select 'Apache RewriteRule supported' then edit the ORGINAL .htaccess file in the root directory and delete everything inbetween '# 1)' and '# end 1)'. Now try browsing your store.
2) If that did not work then select 'Apache directory 'lookback' and ForceType supported' then edit the ORGINAL .htaccess file in the root directory and delete everything inbetween '# 2)' and '# end 2)'. Now try browsing your store.
3) If that did not work then select 'Apache directory 'lookback' supported only' then delete the .htaccess file in the root directory. If your server allows .htaccess files then you don't need to delete it instead edit the file and delete everything inbetween '# search engine friendly mod' and '# end mod'
In none of these works, then unfortunately you cannot use search engine friendly urls on your store. So please select NO to 'use search engine friendly URL'. You can contact your webhost admin and check with them if you can use the RewriteRule OR AcceptPathInfo (turns on Apache's directory 'lookback' feature). You do not need to turn on search engine friendly URLs to use the sef meta tags however.
When I try the first two options, it gives me my "missing" page when I click on the category. The third option doesn't even work at all when I click.
Here's my cart index page:
The Big Picture Movie Posters