Anyone still having problems?

Hey…

Some of my sites have been practically Offline the last 2½ days (after the main crash)…
And it’s not system-wide, i discovered… The support [SIC] team is not responding either…

I’m considering to abandom the ship, seriously…

domain: somalism.com
I’m on Garland

My sites have been reasonably good, I’m on vine. Current stats for July are 3 outages with an uptime of 99.242% according to the site monitor I use.

Web Hosting Reviews | Shonky’s Blog | Hot Product Directory

ok… lucky you

I don’t know whether they reconfigured anything, but I’ve just found out that mydomain.com is working, while www.mydomain.com is not…

And GDLib is no longer working… arrgh

Sorry if my post sounded if I was spruking before.

Both http://www.somalism.com and http://somalism.com work fine here. Stange that one works you and the other does not, have you made any dns changes in the last few days, if you have the changes may still be propagating.

Web Hosting Reviews | Shonky’s Blog | Hot Product Directory

my friends site was down for what seemed like ages. he had a lot of problems but surprisingly i havent had any problems all week. its weird cuz i usually have a lot of downtime…

Use the coupon code [color=#CC0000]60DOLLARS[/color] when signing up to Dreamhost for an instant [color=#CC0000]$60 off[/color]!

No reason to apologize…

I had to “remove www” (option in panel) in order to get it to work. I’m still mystified, though …

guess i’ve to wait and see…

My site’s been flaky as hell for the last couple days too. The web server and DB server both respond fine to pings, and the website responds fine, but since Monday morning, when I try to access my phpBB forums, I often get:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

It comes and goes pretty randomly. It’ll work for hours at a time and then fail for hours on end. It was down for over eight hours on Monday. Of course, there’s nothing about it on the status page and whenever I send a support ticket about it the response is “Works for us”. But it’s not just me, because I have users scattered across North America who are having exactly the same problems I have.

My main site is fine during the daytime (UK, 8 hours ahead of California), but slows down to near unusable in the evenings (afternoons in DH time). Which is not very helpful, because that’s when I want to work on it. This is the third evening in a row it’s been like this, and it seems to be worse than ever.

Support are replying, but it’s along the lines of “we should have a handle on it soon”

I’m on cornelius

Les Bessant
Losing it[1]

Les Bessant, i checked your site… and we seem to be in the same boat (on/off, but mostly off)
I know couple of “high profile” (traffic-wise) pages on DH that never go offline… rrghhh

Wonder if they would comply with my request, if I wanted to be “relocated” … this is definitely not appropriate…

After being mostly down for two and a half days on Nilla, I asked them to move me today and they did. I don’t know if that’s normal, but it certainly seems to have solved my problems (for now).

I’m not a Linux guru, but I’m told that these figures are not healthy:

[cornelius]$ uptime
13:46:25 up 4 days, 23:00, 2 users, load average: 112.17, 113.46, 116.28

The load average is normally (I’m told, could be wrong) a lot lower than that.

Les Bessant
Losing it[1]

Canuckotter, which host are you on now?

limbo-spunky4, apparently. Still working. I’m optimistic. :slight_smile:

That’s an EXTREMELY high load. On a DH server, I’d expect to see ~1-15, varying with load. Someone on your server probably has a serious script problem or something. DH is generally very fast and responsive if you ask to have your site moved, but hopefully they’ll fix the problem for you soon.

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

It’s much happier now. Support told me that the server was having problems with a missing nfs mount, which has now been fixed. Crossing all appropriate appendages, things now seem to be back to normal for me…

Les Bessant
Losing it[1]

I’m on limbo-spunky4 too. Damn this thing is slow. Been with dreamhost for 4 months, but paid for a year. I’m really unhappy right now.

Same here – i have a bunch of clients whose email is now down, after having their sites down all morning.

One would think that these “alleged” upgrades should be made late weekend evenings, not in the middle of a work week. People’s careers and income depend on their email, and this is totally unacceptable.

Our website on ellipsis has been flaky for the past few weeks and down quite often the past week. Right now I’m in our shell account trying to run zip and it’s taking 5+ minutes to add a 10 KB file into a 12 MB zip… that’s how slow the processors are running.

For the very first time in 2 years I’ve left a support request at the most urgent level. It’s been 2 hours and I haven’t heard anything.

We’ve got an account at another hosting company all lined up and are running temporarily there.

Tim