Anyone have problems with DB?

I can’t connect. anyone else?

I am in the process of uploading a chat room. As I install I get an error message indicating that my connection to the database failed.

So I am srambling to determine if I had not written down my correct username & password.

Could it be another problem with the server?

Meow is down for me.

damn man! not this DB server again… im moving my DB back to another server, b/c this one always goes down!

-meow (my active forums are back down) Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

yeah, when something like that happen, I always tend to think that my code is not written well or it’s a problem on my side. but i don’t think so.

i had some problems with myadmin a few days ago, and only a day after DH replied to my support messages and I realized they changed the whole UI at myAdmin, which explains the glitch.

I hear dreamhost got lots of sql issues.
I hope not.

I hear dreamhost got lots of sql issues.
I hope not.

not really, like 2 months ago there DB servers was slow as a baby crawling. They fixed that problem since, but this server meow loves to go down every 5 weeks or so lol Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

so how does one move to a different server? i’m on meow too.

backup your database.
make a new database from the mysql thingie
and upload ur backedup db’s
most likly you will be on another server than, but u must have your latest backup, so that means i have to wait till the server comes back up Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

how long does it usually takes for our dear Meow to go back on??

last time it was hours ;( damn it. why us… why usssssssssss lol :wink: Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

foo! (sorry)
another all-nighter for me! my thesis project is due in a couple of days. I’m so not ready…and can’t test my site.
I really don’t like DH right now!

(sorry, had to vent…)

Ok, I am new to all of this.

I am uploading a program that needs access to my database. I get an error message saying that the connection failed. So, I am wondering if I have the wrong passwords & username in the config file.

Then I come here and find this thread.

Now I am wondering if it is a server issue, or my issue. Any suggestions are appreciated. Should I just wait this out?

its back up… i shall be moving db’s tonight Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

damn it… i shouldve just moved it… lol it went back down Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

I just happened to get online from home and checked… Same deal here. Looks like meow is down. They had moved my DB once before to this server and now I’m learning that this one has problems too? Yay.

Has this been an ongoing thing? I just recently moved to this webhost (sent here with high regards from a friend) and other than the SQL server/process dying, I’ve been pretty pleased. Except for when I can’t get to my website…

ok so is this going to go on beyond 2 hours? Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

Can’t connect to one of my databases either. I’ve added my voice to the cries directed towards support. Hopefully they get the server up again soon!

3 hours?? wth Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

took a break. came back. still down. and dreamhost don’t reply (they should at least acknowledge the problem and give an estimate of when it’ll be up again).

this is my first hosting company, is it typical with others?