Anyone got Dreamhost PS yet?

Anyone get a Dreamhost PS? I’m on the waiting list, and I’m curious to hear people’s experience of them. We are promised that we will not be disappointed…! True?

I think they will release this service in september,
and they just take order before to know how many server they need for the launch.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

I’m sure I read somewhere on these forums a few weeks ago that someone was just in the process of being moved over. Perhaps I imagined it.

Yup i already got dreamhostps (since 16 august)

I haven’t realy ran steady processes on it yet, but the site loading times seem alot faster than previous, even while im still on a shared mysql server. For the rest all the services are the same as a normal shared account:) I gues they put a few people over early already to test around abit.

Save $97 with the [color=#CC6600]97BUCKSNOW[/color] promocode

Yeah, it was me who said I’d report back. I’m at work now so I can’t give a full report (I also don’t have a long enough baseline to say anything about reliability or responsiveness).

They did port everything over to my new server in a timely fashion. It did take about 3 days before everything was completely worked out, but my sites were up and running within 24 hours - some within 3 hours. It happened to coincide with the “DNS incident” a couple of weeks ago so my timeline may not be indicative of typical downtime during a move. I do promise that the router and DNS problems weren’t my fault!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

So, how exactly does this work? I have 3 different servers - one for my webserver, one for mysql, one for email (I think…). If I sign-up, which one gets the dedicated resources? Or do I pick?

Only your webserver is dedicated. My email, MySQL, and fileserver all remained the same.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

And now you can have DreamHost PS MySQL also. Of course with additional fee. Or just MySQL. Check out the panel.

I’d be curious to know how long it actually took to get the PS set up once you signed up. Can those who are running their Dreamhost PS’es please share?

• A dreamhost PS waitlistee.

It could be a good idea. :stuck_out_tongue:

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes here

Well, I signed up when Dolehouse original posted the info on August 3rd and got set up somewhere around the 16th. As I said in the other thread, it took around 3 days total to get set up but my sites were up and running in few hours.

Lensman, could you comment on your PS? Is it worth the money? Are you still finding bottlenecks with the NFS files storage or SQL databases?

I just signed up for a private server and i was wondering, do you get to keep your shared hosting server too? Like all i want to do is transfer over one of my sites to the ps. can i do this?

No, all your sites get transferred over to your new server.

That’s the rub, isn’t it? I think it will be different for everyone, depending on how demanding their site is, how critical it is, and their personality profile. :slight_smile:

It’s worth it to me because my sites aren’t demanding and are somewhat critical - that is, being down has some monetary impact to me.

The sites I care about are fully cached WordPress sites and neither NFS nor MySQL are bottlenecks for these sites. I can’t speak for any other web applications.

I’m still evaluating PS. So far it’s been an improvement, but things were pretty good for me before so it’s not like the difference is like night and day.