Anyone else's sites down right now?

wordpress

“Connection timed out when connecting to host.”

No updates/warnings from DreamHost. Anyone else having problems this evening?

I’ve got three sites. Two using php, one not. The one with an index.html loads, the other two aren’t. Any idea if there’s been another PHP upgrade?

Mine is. I can’t access site or FTP. It’s sad, I just joined today and am already having problems. I’m confident it’ll be fixed soon though. After all, 100% uptime is impossible!

All of mine and all of my client’s sites are down. dreamhost is up as are the web panels. Strange. I am betting their on it already. I was working ftp when this started happening.

It isn’t just the .php sites. It’s the straight .html sites as well. This is an across the board problem and cross server as well. Clients sites are all on different servers so…

zentao web design, graphic art and design at www.zentao.com

zentao7, Gallery of Artists and Speculative Novel Writers Groups

My site is down too. index.php, if it is a php issue.

My FTP just connected again. I was in the middle of writing a support ticket too. My site and FTP are back up now.

Thanks Dreamhost!

Oh man !!! That’s soooo bad, so bad … nothing work

saying something like :

Error:
Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘mysql.######.net’ (4)

hope it will be back in the next Seconds !!

EDIT : WOW !!! THE SERVER IS BACK ( I hoped it to be back in few seconds and it does )

Thank You Dreamhost Admin !

My WordPress blog is down, which uses PHP and MySQL. However I am able to access my gallery hosted on the same site at /gallery/ which uses just PHP. The wordpress error is:

Error establishing a database connection! This probably means that the connection information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect. Double check it and try again.

Telnet, FTP, Mail, .html and .php files are rendering. Looks like its an issue with MySQL. I dont have MySQLadmin loaded… bummer.

If I try to run mysql through Telnet on the Vito server I get:

[vito]$ mysql
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run
/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

However that might be because I’m doing something wrong, my Linux skills are lacking. Bummer, I just joined 2 days ago and convinced my friend about 30 minutes ago to get a site here.

Mine are all back up now. I’ve been with these guys for years. They are the best.

zentao web design, graphic art and design at www.zentao.com

zentao7, Gallery of Artists and Speculative Novel Writers Groups

Well what do you know, as soon as I hit submit and return to this thread there are already 3 more comments and my site is back up. you rock dreamhost. and I’m actually suprised to see other people on this board. I’m new here and I’m not used to a provider that doesnt suck.

I rarely ever have downtime. I do; however, see lots of people complaining about downtime on the forums… I guess I’m just lucky. :slight_smile:

Just noticed my SQL server is offline… what is going on?

Edit: It’s back online now!

It’s back. And I agree with you, aardwolf, it’s great to have a host that’s not only quick and offers good service, but has active members forums!

Same situation here. My site is back up again.

DreamHost should have some sort of chatroom where we can talk about these things realtime…seems dumb to post a thread that’s only applicable for like 10 minutes.

Or I could just, you know, wait it out next time :slight_smile:

I second that. Maybe if the admins are reading they’ll add one to the emergency information page at http://status.dreamhost.com/. I’m sure there are a few free java chat applets on sourceforge

Ok, it’s the 28th now. Is anyone still experiencing downtime?

As it is I can only access my site via www.domain.com whereas normally I can access via domain.com. Also, when I do get to it via the www.domain.com I only get the index.php, all the CSS is missing.

Out of curiosity, do you have a WordPress blog? This missing CSS is a known issue and there is a work-around.

MacManX.com

Yes, it’s wordpress but the problem has, once again, fixed itself.

It’s getting embarassing. I have a problem. I put in a ticket. Problem fixes itself automagically. Jeff in support must think I’m a loon.