Anyone Elses Site Down?

My site has been down for over 9 hours and still no email from anyone, because my mail sent to DreamHost is STILL in que.

I’m really curious to know if anyone else is having these problems.

I’m getting a “Forbidden” error. I checked all the “sites of the month” and couldn’t find anyone else with a site problem.

I checked my control panel at about 6 this morning and under Manage Accounts all of the selections for the particular domain were “changed” when I hadn’t changed anything… Even a domain that’s just a mirror to that site said it was “changed”. The DNS information for that domain still hasn’t gone to “active” and like I said that was over 9 hours ago.

Anyways, I’m ranting. I’ve had the person whose website that is call about 16 times today yelling at me. I’m just trying to figure out if it’s just me or if others are having this problem so I can finally have something to say to this person when he calls again, which he will. ugh. Thought maybe I would get a reply here, since they aren’t emailing me.

Thanks!

Hi Wendy -

Could you email me (jeff@dreamhost.com) with your NDN ID and domain name? I’ll see if I can find out what the problem is.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

I sent it Jeff. Thanks for responding. I’m getting a little frustrated since it’s now been over 10 hours.

Hi Wendy -

That’s totally understandable. The last few days have been pretty hectic around here, and some people have either fell through the cracks or had to wait much longer for responses than we’d like. :expressionless:

Anyhow, looks like Brian got back to you and your sites are up (some sort of permissions issue?). If you need anything else, go ahead and respond and CC me and I’ll make sure someone gets back to you.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

Well Jeff, Seems like the main site that’s been down is up. Atleast for now.
We, meaning anyone who has anything to do with the site on my end, didn’t change any permission settings.

Nothing else we host with you is working.

I have sent you another letter and it’s in your que. I won’t go on a rampage in the forums like I did in the email, but be prepaired. All I can say is I’m a bit steamed. :\

My sites are all down too for over a day. Jeff or someone can you please look into this? It’s very frustrating and seems to happen every 3 weeks. WHenever I write support they say there was no down time. However, my sites are down.

Here are a few examples:

http://www.brigidshammer.com
http://www.libra-astrology.com
http://www.comp-discounts.com

PLEASE fix them as soon as possible or tell me the situation. I host many with you but may have to move them unless this gets fixed or if at least someone can acknowledge there is a problem and this happens with regularity.

Debbie
quietmind2000@yahoo.com

Your sites all show up just fine for me. Can you be more specific about what you mean by ‘down’? Is the problem constant or intermittent? What error do you get? Does the main page of the site come up at all?