Anybody have ndn-apache22 working with php5-pgsql on vps?

i’ve got postgresql running fine. i can connect remotely. but it appears the latest version of ndn-apache22 from dreamhost has some dependency issues. possibly i don’t have the aptitude for this problem. :wink: tips welcome. thanks.

ugh this has become an pain in the butt. i can’t seem to get php talking with postgresql. does anybody know how to do this on the dreamhost vps? here are some of notes in this not so fun adventure so far.

non standard or incorrect php option used by dreamhost

‘–with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php5/cgi/ini.d’

make a hard link to where the files actually are?

cd /etc/php5/cgi/ini.d # doesn’t exist. why use a php option to a directory that doesn’t exist?

cd /etc/php5/cgi
sudo mkdir ini.d
cd ini.d

sudo ln /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pgsql.ini pgsql.ini
sudo ln /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo_pgsql.ini pdo_pgsql.ini
sudo ln /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo.ini pdo.ini

still not listed in PDO drivers

where are there 3 different ini files in /etc/php5/cgi

sudo vi php.ini

added the following

; my attempt to fix postgresql
extension=pgsql.so
extension=pdo_pgsql.so

still not working :frowning:

On Tue, 09 Nov 2010, you wrote:

Well let me give this one more shot. Your php.ini is set up
incorrectly. Can you fix it so it plays nicely with common packages
available via apt-get?

We do not use Debian’s PHP build, so their PHP module packages don’t do
anything useful. You may have better luck with our testing release of PHP
5.3 (selectable from the Panel under “Manage Domains”), which includes a
compiled pgsql module.

Thanks!
Andrew F

No Andrew, thank you! PHP and PosgreSQL are now working on my VPS. (^.^)

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

pdo.so is missing. well that sucks. i’ve contacted support and they said they’ll let the devs know. damn. i’m currently trying to figure out a work around.

Should be built in. If not, I screwed up — let me know and I’ll fix it on Monday.

it looks like php.ini didn’t get pushed (another tech got me a copy) and pdo.so didn’t get pushed either.

quick question for you, why is dreamhost building from source when we have stable debian packages available? is it something to do with linux-vserver?

many thanks for your assistance andrew. if you’re ever in boston you should come visit our local linux group and have a pint.

Debian’s PHP packages backport security fixes to older versions rather than upgrading to newer versions. (For instance, the current Debian PHP package is PHP 5.2.6 plus a bunch of security fixes.) While this does yield a secure system in the end, it’s a lot harder to convince a security auditor of it, and of course it means you’re out of luck if you want newer features.

postgresql on dreamhost vps solved
https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-128619-post-145768.html#pid145768