Anybody else's sites crawling today?

My god are my sites slow today. DH says nothing changed, but on my end, everything’s slow.

This page is a perfect example: until yesterday afternoon, it loaded in an instant. Now it takes ages! You can actually watch the background pic being loaded. A 150K image is loading as if it were ten megs!

http://twenty200.com/

My server is dinar.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
this is the box - radio blog
robsdemo - what I do

Same here. Your site is slow, took a while to load then worked for a bit then slowed down again.

same with my www.fstop9.com and www.ehaque.com. its been slow or sometimes totally unreachable for 3 days now.

same here. …looking into moving hosts, as this ridiculous performance seems to be becoming the norm here at DH.

I’m now on my third day of terrible slowness on my sites. The problem seemed to be resolved last night, but today, my sites are painfully slow again. And I’m frustrated that I don’t see any form of an update from dreamhost.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

site seems to be running ok, maybe a little slow… BUT for the love of god please remove the code that keeps telling me that i need the flash plugin:

http://twenty200.com/gallery/upgrade.html

i like you photos and want to see more but when i click on a link i get forwarded to a page telling me “SimpleViewer requires the Flash Player.” i’m running the latest flash plugin (version 9)

johngrayson.com
suffocate[us]

Thanks for the tip on the player error - I’ll have to look into that. This is the first I’ve heard of that problem. Weird - but I’m definitely glad you let me know. Thanks!

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

mine is dead:

[twinkie]$ uptime
09:49:53 up 8 days, 21:36, 5 users, load average: 55.05, 33.22, 28.92

Bloody useless for 3 or 4 days now. I can’t even log into SSH. I put my password in about 15 minutes ago and the prompt still hasnt come up. Regretting my decision to move here now.

I just joined a day or two ago so I don’t know what dreamhost may or may not have been like before.

But this service is definitely poor and I hope it will improve.

The performance hit my sites are taking is getting worse, not better.

Every few months, something major seems to be going wrong here. I’ve brought people here, but I can’t honestly recommend DH anymore, and that’s a shame.

Every two years, I have to change webhosts. Why can’t somebody get it right? Dreamhost comes so close in so many ways, but damn, this performance issue negates it all.

I just don’t think they’re making this enough of a priority.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

Just to chime in with everyone else here… performance has been horrible for me as well. I posted a support ticket about slow email performance last week, they did something and it was reasonably quick for a day or two. It’s all back to being horribly slow again now. I really hope they figure this all out quick as I may have to look elsewhere as well. Space and bandwidth don’t make up for horrible performance.

speed is seriously down.
Tryied to start download something from my domain : speed was about 5KB per second. Nice going, dreamhost !

yeah my simple viewer gallery on ehaque.com does that too… i cant see it on firefox at all. its old and will be removed so i gave up on finding out whats wrong.

My sites are as slow as if I were on dialup.

I’m getting no feedback from dreamhost.

This is beyond frustrating.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

…and now my sites are doing better. But I’ve heard nothing regarding what’s going on, what causes the slowdowns, or why they suddenly go away. Really, it’s just plain sketchy lately. Better / worse / better / worse / better / worse / better / worse / better / worse / better / worse / better / worse / better / worse / better / worse…

What I want is RELIABLE.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

For three days now my forum has been as slow as it gets - and then it is a little better for a while, until it starts crawling again. I’m new at Dream, and I am seriously considering the money back guarantee, unless things change soon…