Any way to wipe the slate clean?

I’m having a web designer create a new website for me, but they are not familiar with DreamHost, so they told me I have to contact DreamHost to find out how to do it. So I’m hoping someone here will be able to tell me what I need to tell them.

The background is that the old site was Joomla, I wasn’t really fond of it, and the new designer doesn’t know it, so they want to go with WordPress. The Joomla files were deleted, and now I can’t access anything on the site. However, when they tried to install WordPress, they keep getting the message that the directory is not empty and WordPress can’t be installed.

I’ve been looking through the Dreamhost site for a couple of hours now, and I can’t find anything on how to just go in and wipe it clean so they can do their thing.

Does anyone know where I can find a place to wipe out the old directory files so I can get WordPress installed? I’d really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!
Danica

Two easy solutions:

1 - Create a new user on Dreamhost (via the panel) and assign your domain to the new user

or

2 - Clean up the existing user, use Putty to make an ssh connection (the user needs Shell rights) and type this (you remove the entire domain directory, then recreate a clean one):

rm -r mydomain.com/
mkdir mydomain.com

or (if you want to be safe and keep the old stuff)

mv mydomain.com mydomain.com.old
mkdir mydomain.com

Thank you SO much!! Worked like a charm! I really appreciate your help!

Danica