Any support available via a phone conversation?

Does Dreamhost provide any tech support where you can actually talk to someone? Everything I have seen is by email or forums. Other providers can be reached via a phone call so just curious if that’s an option…

Good question.

Traditionally dreamhost has not had much in the way of phone support. They did however have an additional cost option for callbacks via phone.

I just looked, I can’t find a way to do that anymore under contact support in the panel.

Here is the response i received from dreamhost:

For all of our DreamHost customers (new and old) we have free and unlimited 365/24/7 technical support via email and live chat through our web panel. If you need the additional help with phone support, there is a charge of $9.95
for a one-time call-back or $14.95/mo for three call-backs. Keep in mind this level of support is only available to customers in the US and Canada. If you would like to learn more about phone support with DreamHost, please visit the site below:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Phone_Support

Should you have any other questions or need help with anything else at this time please let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

I can say the chat support has been very responsive and good… as well as e-mail…