Any differences between those plans?

Dream Host offers 4 plans. Say if I just have a 100G website with 1T bandwidth every month. Does it make any difference if I sign up with the 9.95 plan or the 19.95 plan? Will the latter offer better speed or be put on a better server?

Say if I apply a 9.95 server and backup 100G data onto it, will Dream Host happy with it?

Nope, no difference except for the ones stated in the plan - mostly the disk storage and bandwidth differences.

They’ll be fine with it - though as is usual with most shared hosting providers, they’d prefer that you didn’t use anywhere near your quota! :slight_smile:

Also, remember that you can always upgrade to a higher level plan later. You can even upgrade if you’ve prepaid for 1 or 2 years. They’ll apply your leftover prepayment to your new prepayment plan and you just have to pay the difference.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LENSMANFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LENSMAN97[/color] for $97 off. Click Here

As well as the obvious space/bandwidth differences, the upper plans also include a limited number of support ‘callbacks’ per month, at least for customers within the United States. This may or may not be important to you.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

since you won’t exceed the quota, you may consider to take the level 1 plan. as mark mentioned, there is no difference between the level 1, 2, and 3 plans as they are all on shared server. Level 4 is for dedicated server.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Save [color=#CC0000]$82[/color] get lifetime domain with [color=#CC0000]82CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW

just start with the level 1 plan, you can always switch to a larger plan later if it doesnt work out.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

Incorrect. The level 4 ‘Strictly Business’ plan ($79.95/month) is a shared hosting plan, you must be thinking of the ‘Strictly Business Enhanced’ plan ($395/month), which provides all of the normal ‘Strictly Business’ plan features, but on your own dedicated server.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

OMG, thanks for correction. I’m always thinking that that is the dedicated server.

I should correct the informatin on my website now.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Save [color=#CC0000]$82[/color] get lifetime domain with [color=#CC0000]82CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW

Welcome to DH :slight_smile:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]

paying 80/month for that plan should at least allow you to be on a server with few customers. No more than 10 compared to a few hundred on a CDI plan.

Also 400/month for a dedicated server w/o root access is a joke. I wouldn’t pay 100/mo for a dedicated server w/o root access.

BUT - the one thing you’re forgetting is that at $400/month you are getting full management where other places charge you $400 a month for simply “monitoring” rather than actual management.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!