Anti-spam not working?

I set up a couple new email addresses a couple months back and they’ve been getting pounded by several hundred spam a day. These emails were never linked to anything public, so I don’t know how that happened, but it’s clear they’re all on the same lists. I set up another one just to let sit there and it too began getting the same spam. So…

I turned on Anti-spam and followed the instructions on the wiki. It’s been on for several days now and I’ve turned quarantine levels all the way down to 1. It’s just not working. 95% of the emails get through without even getting the X-Spam-Flag tag in the headers and the ones that do, their scores are usually in the 0.01 to 0.03 range. Far below the quarantine level. In fact, the only things that have been tagged as legitimate spam have been test emails I’ve sent to myself which is just crazy.

Ok, so questions.
[list]
[]Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the system?
[
]If I am doing something wrong, can you point me in the right direction to fix it?
[]If it’s the system, what alternatives are there to get my DH hosted email to catch the spam?
[
]If it’s the system, is DH doing anything about it?
[*]If there aren’t alternatives, what are you guys doing?
[/list]

Thanks in advance!

A common experience when we open our Dreamhost account and add email addresses - instant spam. There are several long threads discussing the possible reasons for this, but one thing is for sure; once you get on these lists, you tend to stay on them.

Right. Which is where Anti-spam comes in. So…

Anything?

I gave up on DreamHost anti-spam and added (free) spamfence.net. It has been working to catch 95%+ of the junk and send it to a different email account for disposal or recovery.