Another Slow WP Site

wordpress

Help! - We recently setup a small Wordpress site that, after some initial DNS issues seemed to be fairly snappy. Recently though the response has slowed dramatically with lots of complaints of slooooooow loads or time out failures especially from mobile users.

I’ve disable all of the plugins with no apparent change in performance. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

londonmasterslacrosse.com

G^2

your site loads super-fast for me…

Hmmm…must have been my post/complaint that caused stuff to “change” - about and hour later the site went from 30s load time to almost instantaneous - I didn’t do anything different at my end.

…sigh…

We’ll see how the performance is maintained over the next few days.

G^2

Keep in mind that there is the apache glitch that has been around for over a year and half now. It creates page load delays that seem to be multiples of 30 seconds. (i.e. 30, 60, 90, 120). If your problem comes back you might want to consider it as a possibility.

They probably restarted your apache instance for you. When it gets slow again do the live chat and ask them to restart your apache instance. They will tell you several times that the problem is your fault, and that your site has too many plugins, etc. But every once in a while you will get someone on the chat who knows what they are doing and will restart your instance for you. And keep complaining every time it happens. It happened for me every day for a week and finally after complaining every day they put some heavy duty admins on it and found there was something wrong with the server configuration that was causing the slowness. Things have been better for me since then. Not perfect but not nearly as bad.

We’re working on that. I DO tell people to check plugins first (note: check, not blame), but also to see if the readme.html page loads super slow or not. It’s a give-away that it’s probably the apache service. That said, we should have that fixed for most servers now, and the weird slowdown should stop happening.

If html and php are slow, it’s probably apache.
If all PHP (including a php info page) is slow, it’s PHP (though that may be caused by WP sucking up PHP memory)
If WP is slow, but a phpinfo page is fast, it’s WP.

(Not always, but you get the idea)

I’m also having a slow WP site. If you would be so kind to give your advice: housecleaningboston.com

The readme seems to load fast, but the initial load of root takes anywhere from 5~10 seconds for me. I can post any necessary screenshots of server load, just not sure what to post.

Thank ya

Just bumping this.

I’ll add that I have reached out to support many times and the advice offered each time is to add more RAM, however that has not solved the issue. :frowning:

How much RAM have you added? How many site visits are you getting per day? Are you using a caching plugin? How is it set up? How often are you updating your site?

• 1GB, here’s a screen of the resources page: http://screencast.com/t/5LNXuJrGt5dM
  • Hardly any visits to any of the sites, they’re all new.
  • No caching plugin.
  • In regards to how it’s setup, can you be more specific?
  • Haven’t updated them at all since initial setup.

Thank you, kjodle.

Sorry about the massive delay, I don’t see any slowness on your site, but 1G of ram is a lot. I looked at your site and it appears your theme is creating a table called inkthemes_info and that table is broken.

You should contact your theme developer to ask why this happens:

WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'inkthemes_info' at line 1 for query show tables like inkthemes_info 

WordPress database error Duplicate column name 'date' for query ALTER TABLE inkthemes_info ADD COLUMN date	date	NOT NULL 

[quote=“Ipstenu-DH, post:11, topic:61549”]I looked at your site and it appears your theme is creating a table called inkthemes_info and that table is broken.

You should contact your theme developer to ask why this happens:

WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'inkthemes_info' at line 1 for query show tables like inkthemes_info 

WordPress database error Duplicate column name 'date' for query ALTER TABLE inkthemes_info ADD COLUMN date	date	NOT NULL 

[/quote]

Where are you seeing this error?

Thank you Ipstenu!!!