Announcement list - SubscribedURL?

Hi all,

I’m trying to set up an announcement list signup page, but having trouble customizing the first confirmation URL people are sent to when they sign up.

I’ve modified the “SubscribedURL” field to point to the page I want people to see right after they click “Submit”, but instead they are sent to the default Dreamhost style confirmation page. My page isn’t seen until after they click the confirmation link in their email. The other URL fields (for already-on, errors, etc) work fine.

This page will be used at an internet kiosk, so I need it to reset itself by going to my start page, without requiring people to verify their email right then. Any ideas?

My test page is here: http://realizeaids.org/caregiver-kits-signup.php . I need it to submit and return to that same page, with a PHP-triggered confirmation message telling them they’ll have to check their email later. That way the page is ready for the next person as well.

Thanks!

I think I know what the problem is, here. The page you want them to see after they’ve subscribed to the list, but before they confirm their email address, doesn’t actually show up until after they confirm their email address, if I’m reading your post correctly. And I think I know why. The subscribed URL is a lot different from the redirect URL you should have specified when setting up the form. If it helps, for the sake of explanation simplisity, send me the form code, and I’ll take a look at it. But to me, it sounds like you’re missing a field or two there so DH is filling in the blanks for you.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

Here’s the code I’m using…I see that my “action” is a page hosted by Dreamhost, are you saying that I can specify another field to define which page it goes instead of that one? I didn’t see that in the documentation (though I’ve used that before with formmail scripts I believe)…

Your email address:

Yep, I thought so. You’re missing a field here.

That’ll send them to wherever you want them to be after they hit submit.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

Hmm, I’ve added that line but it still directs to the Dreamhost page:
http://realizeaids.org/caregiver-kits-signup.php

You can try it out, use the email "bobextra@gmail.com"…here’s the new code I’m using (I’ve also tried the URL without the PHP parameters):

Your email address:

Thanks for your help!

You’ve managed to stump me, then. For all intents and purposes, from a strictly looking at HTML standpoint, you should have absolutely no problems. Which means, I think the problem is strictly on DH’s CGI script’s end. It seems like when your website hands the client off to the script server, it never gets handed back but instead the script does its own processing.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Found the answer via tech support: I was missing the “EmailConfirmURL”, which is actually the field I needed.

Works like a charm!