Announcement List Confirmation email is duplicating info


#1

I’m attempting to understand why when adding a new subscriber manually via the web panel that the confirmation email body and --url-- is posted twice (duplicated) in the the confirmation email.

It seems to have something to do with having the confirmation email body set up in the “Modify List” page as well as being required to have the email body added before the confirmation email is sent.

Below is the content I’m getting in the confirmation email (edited out our details):

To verify your subscription to “the list name” user@domain, please visit this URL now:

http://scripts.dreamhost.com/add_list.cgi?g=[deleted]

If you would rather unsubscribe, do nothing and ignore this request!
To verify your subscription to “the list name” user@domain, please visit this URL now:

http://scripts.dreamhost.com/add_list.cgi?g=[deleted]

If you would rather unsubscribe, do nothing and ignore this request!

Any help is appreciated


#2

I took a quick look at your list, but couldn’t find anything that may be causing it. I’ve tried a reconfiguration on it just in case, though. Please try adding some new addresses to test the confirmation email again. If the duplication is still happening, please reach support directly on it here, as we’ll likely need to have our developers take a look at that point (it may be a bug that needs fixing!): https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg&

Thanks,
Cedric H


#3

Hi, just a follow-up, I believe this is in fact a bug that we need to take a look at. We’ll be checking things out and I’ll email you an update when one’s available. Thanks for your patience!


#4

I’ve just now had an opportunity to test by adding another email address and it seems to be fixed now - whatever it was.

Thanks for the prompt attention :slight_smile:

Rachael


#5

Yep, one of our developers just pushed a fix for this issue.

Technical details: We were sending out subscription confirmation emails using the multipart/mixed MIME type instead of multipart/alternative. This was causing mail clients to display both the HTML and plain-text versions of the email, instead of just displaying one of the two.