Announce List Images

I’m having a problem with images showing up in my announce list mailings. I’ve put the full URL of the images in the mailing. I’m just doing tests now, but when it comes to my inbox… no images. Anything else I’ve set up with CSS works fine - borders, colors, fonts, padding, etc.

I’ve viewed the source of the email and cut and pasted the URL and the images come up, so I know they are linked properly. I’m a seasoned web designer, so I know my stuff.

Also, I get HTML email from other mailing lists, so I know it’s not my mail program.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michele Yamazaki
VP of Marketing, Toolfarm Inc.
http://www.toolfarm.com

Search the KB, submit a support ticket…

-Max

Thanks, I will. I did discover that jpgs will not show up. I have ran several tests and sometimes the images show up and sometimes they don’t. Jpgs don’t ever show up… the gifs and pngs are sporadic.

I’ll definitely submit a support ticket.

I regularly send out gifs that have no problem displaying.

Have you tried the HTML preview in the announcement list window before you send out?

When you say you’ve viewed the source of the email do you mean before you’ve sent or after you’ve received? I’d be interested to know how the source looks in you INBOX.

Just a thought… do you have hotlinking protection enabled for your domain? Could your .htaccess file be set up to not allow .jpgs to be displayed off-site?

Hi,

I’ve been running tests on the announce list feature. It’s odd that some images aren’t showing up, but others are. Everything shows up fine in the preview. I have the full URL on all of them. Hotlink protection is not turned on. The logo and the background images in the CSS are not showing up. The 3 ad images are good.

I’ve looked at the source code of the email in my inbox and everything is perfect. I’ve run my code and stylesheet through a validator and it’s good.

Man, I give up! I’ve posted the email online so you can see what it is supposed to look like.

http://www.toolfarm.net/newsletter1-2.html

I’ve also contacted support on this issue. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong, or if it’s a bug.

Here is the source code from the email in my inbox (below).

Thanks!
Michele

From news@toolfarm.net Sun Sep 25 21:45:15 2005
Received: from coyote.dreamhost.com ([66.33.216.128])
by rwcrmxc13.comcast.net (rwcrmxc13) with ESMTP
id <20050926014012r13001otsle>; Mon, 26 Sep 2005 01:40:12 +0000
X-Originating-IP: [66.33.216.128]
Received: from dreamhost.com (ip-66-33-206-8.dreamhost.com [66.33.206.8])
by coyote.dreamhost.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 64C35A2BB3
for michele1973@comcast.net; Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:40:12 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:40:12 -0700
Subject: Toolfarm Newsletter Test
To: michele1973@comcast.net
Sender: mailinglistbouncer@dreamhost.com
Reply-To: “Toolfarm Newsletter” news@toolfarm.net
Precedence: list
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002C_01BFABBF.4A7D6BA0"
X-Mailer: DreamHost Mailing Lists
X-Abuse-Info: http://dreamhost.com/tos.html
X-Complaints-To: abuse@dreamhost.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-DH-Mailer-ID: 128734
X-Bulkmail: 3.09
Message-Id: 20050926014012.64C35A2BB3@coyote.dreamhost.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01BFABBF.4A7D6BA0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Toolfarm Newsletter

What’s New?

Imagineer Systems monet and mokey

Toolfarm.com adds new products for wire removal and tracking

monet is an innovative post-production toolset offering a start-to-finish solution for replacing elements in moving images of any resolution, using its unique tracking technology. monets toolset has been designed for complex logo replacements, product packaging alterations or screen inserts etc. and is significantly faster and more accurate than traditional methods. You can precisely track images, minimise camera jitter, adjust for lens distortion and then insert a moving or still image.

mokey offers an essential toolset for removing wires, rigs, logos and other undesired elements from film and video sequences. Using Imagineers unique motion compensated algorithms, mokey can significantly reduce the post-production time associated with these tasks. Further tools allow you to handle various challenges involved in the process, such lens distortion, grain management, stabilisation, motion keying and chroma keying.

More info about Imagineer Systems mokey and monet

Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete

Every Effect Imaginable for Adobe After Effects and Apple Final Cut Pro

Now available as a bundle for $1,249 - get over 260 filters and save over $300! Boris Continuum Complete is a collection of over 160 powerful, yet easy-to-use filters that provide the widest range of compositing, image processing, keying, color, distortion, and temporal effects features. State of the art effects filters include Film Grain, Film Damage, and Lens Flare. Final Effects Complete delivers a comprehensive collection of over 100 effects plug-ins ranging from graceful blurs and edges to radical warps and particle generators. (If purchased separately, the regular price of these packages is $1,590.) Get it here!

Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete Bundle

TOOLFARM.com…YOUR source and One Stop Shop for AE plugins and more

Visit Toolfarm.com

This email should only be sent to those who have asked to receive it.
To unsubscribe, return to the web form where you first subscribed and
click the “unsubscribe” button, or contact the owner of the website.

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01BFABBF.4A7D6BA0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Toolfarm Newsletter
Toolfarm Logo

What's New?

Avidion Media Synchronize Plug-in finder Boris Continuum Complete

Imagineer Systems monet and mokey

Toolfarm.com adds new products for wire removal and tracking

monet is an innovative post-production toolset offering a start-to-finish solution for replacing elements in moving images of any resolution, using it’s unique tracking technology. monet’s toolset has been designed for complex logo replacements, product packaging alterations or screen inserts etc. and is significantly faster and more accurate than traditional methods. You can precisely track images, minimise camera jitter, adjust for lens distortion and then insert a moving or still image.

mokey offers an essential toolset for removing wires, rigs, logos and other undesired elements from film and video sequences. Using Imagineer’s unique motion compensated algorithms, mokey can significantly reduce the post-production time associated with these tasks. Further tools allow you to handle various challenges involved in the process, such lens distortion, grain management, stabilisation, motion keying and chroma keying.

more info More info about Imagineer Systems mokey and monet

Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete

Every Effect Imaginable for Adobe After Effects and Apple Final Cut Pro

Now available as a bundle for $1,249 - get over 260 filters and save over $300! Boris Continuum Complete is a collection of over 160 powerful, yet easy-to-use filters that provide the widest range of compositing, image processing, keying, color, distortion, and temporal effects features. State of the art effects filters include Film Grain, Film Damage, and Lens Flare. Final Effects Complete delivers a comprehensive collection of over 100 effects plug-ins ranging from graceful blurs and edges to radical warps and particle generators. (If purchased separately, the regular price of these packages is $1,590.) Get it here!

more info Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete Bundle

TOOLFARM.com...YOUR source and One Stop Shop for AE plugins and more

more infoVisit Toolfarm.com

This email should only be sent to those who have asked to receive it.
To unsubscribe, return to the web form where you first subscribed and
click the “unsubscribe” button, or contact the owner of the website.

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01BFABBF.4A7D6BA0–

One thing you guys should check on. I noticed a long time ago (when upload a web page) is if you have an image and you set the width or the height to less than 100 it will get parsed. Meaning if you look at the actual html file after it has been recieved, the entire line than has the image tag is removed.
My work around is to remove the size elements from the image tag. Then the image will display and at the current sized is was saved. This means if the image needed needs to be 35 x 35 then the image it self has to be saved at 35 x 35.
So my theory is you may be having the same problem with html emails as I did with a web page.
Silk

Well, I’ve made a bit of headway. It seems to depend on the browser and mail program in use.

If I use all png files, everything shows up fine in my email. I’m using Mail on the Mac. I don’t know why jpgs and gifs aren’t showing up because they show up from other mailing lists.

I have 3 webmail accounts and checked them all. CSS shows up in two, but now background images that are linked through the CSS. Another, no CSS at all… just the images.

I had similar results in Firefox and Safari. Support for CSS on Mac IE is sad, and not many use it, so I didn’t bother with it.

So, I’ve decided to forego using background images in my CSS, although I love the way it looks (when it works).

Thank you everyone for your time and help.
Michele Yamazaki