Android access?

dreamobjects

I use AndFTP to access via FTP on my Android phone. I can’t seem to find an app to do the same to connect to DreamObjects cloud. Is there one?

The same developers have S3Anywhere and I am still trying to get that one to work but so far it has not. I keep hoping SyncBack comes out with an app (which is what I use on my desktop) but they have not, dangit.

One of our developers has written a blog post about getting S3Anywhere to work with DreamObjects - http://www.dreamhost.com/dreamscape/2013/07/08/drop-the-box-without-hurting-your-toes/

It was written just over a year ago but should still work. Give it a try and let me know if you have trouble.

I had seen that a while ago so I went back to try it again.

I had assumed the bucket name was not needed anymore before the objects.dreamhost.com but had never gotten it to work. But I figured that was the only thing I wasn’t doing the same so I gave it a go.

And it works! So cool. That’s what I get for assuming, right?

I have to keep reminding myself that cloud stuff is not at all like FTP stuff. I rather dislike cloud storage but it is a necessary evil for proper offsite backup.

Oh, and other than a few steps being different and the screenshots of course being different, after a year, everything else is still the same.

I’m glad it’s working for you. Thanks for reporting back!