An easier way to migrate IMAP email off DH servers

Hey there. Like most other customers this week, I’m frustrated. I’m moving my sites onto a dedicated server with another web host. All my email on several domains is currently set up for IMAP. Is there an easier way to get the email migrated?

For instance, I know with Thunderbird I can set up 2 “personalities” and drag/drop the messages between them. But I’ve got 30 sites…some with multiple email addresses. Is there an easier way?

I actually went into my maildir and was able to copy over some email directly, but then I can’t access it on the new server if it’s anywhere but Inbox. And that was only for one email address. My other ones don’t appear to be stored in the maildir folder for that domian. (ie, me@mydomain.com, sales@mydomain.com).

================================
Angela Gann
CrimsonDryad Web Design Services
Web Design, Custom Software Development
http://www.crimsondryad.com

Found this in the Wiki:

E-mail Import

Though imapsync/imapmigrate is a PHP script, I wouldn’t run it on a shared server - the process might hit a resource limit and be killed. It basically does the same thing dragging and dropping in Thunderbird would do.

And I haven’t tried this myself.

:cool: [color=#6600CC]Atropos[/color] | openvein.org

I did check the wiki and saw that. However, this appears to maybe be easier than I thought. I just logged in via FTP, did a filter -a to view the subfolders (which all start with a .) and then downloaded them. I think I can just upload all my mail to the server. I’ll post back when I find out.

That will work for FTP users, not so sure how to do the M1234567 type. But since the majority of my mail users also had FTP, this should be mostly easy.

Support can probably help me get the m-user mail.

This whole thing really sucks. I’d rather not leave at all, but my business relies on sites being up. shrugs

================================
Angela Gann
CrimsonDryad Web Design Services
Web Design, Custom Software Development
http://www.crimsondryad.com