I seek advice & input about the sanity of my possible next steps.
- I have three domains hosted on DH.
- All running PHP 5.2.2
- 2 running Wordpress
- 1 running Joomla
- I'm not a webhosting guru (i.e., beginner)
- But I'm technically inclined (db designer, >15 years)
- And suffer from many years on PCs (ie & aawck: Windows)
- I have webhosting savvy friends
- I now want Rapid-Source's Rapid-Recipe working on my Joomla site
- That means I need IonCube & it opens a host of got-yas
How sane would I be to go down the path of asking a friend to setup & then me admin the data post-install?
I realize that sometimes this kind of "off the main path" opens up trapdoors & I'm curious if anyone out there might see something I can not.
I'm here at Dreamhost to learn about this webhosting stuff, but wish to bite off only that which I can chew....
thanks in advance.