Always Server Error When I upload

hello guys

I’m Using Clip-Share script and it’s working 100%

but when I upload something bigger than 10 MB it gives me a “Network Error” message !!!

I sent a ticket to Dream Host and they replayed it’s a php and php.ini thingy, I installed php5 and the max upload in php.ini is 100MB !! DUH !!

so please if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me

Create a little php script on your site to check the settings. I call my ver.php:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Go to your browser and visit http://www.yourdomain.com/ver.php and look for the following entry:
upload_max_filesize

It should say 100M. If not, then something’s wrong with your PHP setup.

-Scott

Well you actually need to modify more than just ‘upload_max_filesize’ to get it to work. You have to likewise modify ‘memory_limit’ to an equal or greater value than ‘upload_max_filesize’. It should then definitely work :wink:

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!

And no, don’t get the idea that putting 4G in there is a good idea. You’ll invoke the wrath of the prockiller long before you get to 200M… (grin)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

From what I’ve seen, the memory_limit is set to 90M by default. Seeing how this user can’t upload anything greater than 10M, something’s not right.

-Scott

The default config has a 7M limit. The process killer gets mad when people exceed 100M of runtime memory. Thus 90M is not out of line, nor is 10M a surprise.

There are MANY MANY conversations about this on the forums and wiki and although there are limits to the size of php uploads in the shared environment, there are many non-php upload solutions documented here that are completely unaffected by these limitations.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!