Alternating Images?

design

Hi all, this might be a really stupid question, but is there any way to have the browser load a different image from a bank of say four or five images each time the site is loaded? I want to have some variation on the page, but using any animation will make load times too long (for the people who have dodgy connections, i.e. dial-up, whatever that is. . .)

I’m sure I remember reading somewhere that you can do it with java or dhtml, but I can’t find anything specific to it on google. So yeah, is it possible? And if so any links you could give would be much appreciated! Thanks!

While there are lots of ways to do this, I’m a firm believer in going with the “best of the best” - and , for that, it’s really hard to beat any of the tutorials on A List Apart. Their article on Random Image Rotation should give you what you need to accomplish your goal. After reading the article, don’t forget to visit the link included toward the end to get the latest version of the Rotater php script from the author’s website. Good Luck!

–rlparker

Thanks a bunch:D