Alternate SSH Port

Is there an alternate SSH port I can access besides Port 22? Is there a way to select a specific port for access in the Dreamhost Control Panel?

I am trying to use SSH from behind a corporate firewall and it appears Port 22 is blocked. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Is there any way you can request port 22 be opened for you at work? I’m almost positive there isn’t any “alternative” SSH port on DreamHost… though I could be wrong.

I could request it but then I would be undermining my attempt to provide a secure tunnel for nefarious internet access via a proxy.

I sure hope there is another way to gain access to SSH. Any other suggestions are welcome.

The last time this question was asked, I recall someone suggested obtaining a free SSH account at rootshell.be, which has an alternate browser-based interface, and SSHing from there to DreamHost.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Have you tried to telnet out from work? I am assuming if 22 is blocked, 23 will be too…but worth a try.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]

I’ve already applied for an account and am patiently awaiting the email invitation from rootshell.be. I’ll update my status once I get logged in. Thanks for the suggestion.

You are welcome, but I was just relaying a suggestion made by ‘schietschijf’ in a previous thread. :wink:

Thanks, it’s nice when people return to the forums to report on the success (or failure) of suggestions, as it can help others in the future.

Good luck and I hope it works for you.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Let us know how it turns out :slight_smile:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]