Allowing Catch All and Junk Filter

I’m hosting my company’s website and email through Dreamhost, and ideally I’d like to set up both a catch-all email and a junk filter. I know it is not allowed at the moment but will it ever be?

I know the catch all email will gather a lot of spam but is there not a way to set up individual junk filters on the emails? I had it on my previous webhost.

I figure I’ll just go without the catchall and enable the junk filter.

I’m also having an issue with the webmail. I know I’m typing in the right log in and password, but every now and then it says incorrect log in ID / password or something similar.

I’ve also got it when I try to reply to a message now and then.

Is this due to the fact that I’ve only just chagned the nameservers over to dreamhost?

This is an unrelated issue. It’s considered bad form to hijack someone else’s thread.

You could be seeing propagation issues for 24-48 hours after changing DNS settings.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit until 12/11/07.

Well, it was actually his own thread, so I’m not sure I would call it a “hijacking”…but you are right it should have been another topic to make it easier for others browsing (since it was a different subject, and all). :wink:

–rlparker

Hey, I knew that it was his other personality… It just didn’t sound like the same guy. Can I claim it was Monday?

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit until 12/11/07.