All sites slow

Hello, I am on “highland” server and for the 4th time in as many weeks everything is slow again

I have emailed support, and I guess they will fix it within a few hours, but why oh why does it keep on happening, I used to love dreamhost until they moved me to a different server, now get problems every week :frowning:

I would not mind paying more (even double) if they could sort things out, would VPN be a better option? I cant face transferring everything to a different host.

oh an example of a site loading slow is www.peekaboopetservices.co.uk

I’ve been running really slow again for a few days, and now my site has gone down completely. Seems to be almost constant these days.

It might be a problem with the server. Let DH support know and request to move to a better server if necessary.

Good luck!

VPS. The N is for network (the S is for Server). They’re actually different things, and can confuse everyone. :slight_smile:

One thing you can do to help yourself is change your PHP from 5.2 to 5.3 (it uses less memory). You can also ask we move you to a different server if you think this one is bad.

Unhappy Paul: I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing site slowness. Taking into account the fact that it’s been occurring ever since your server move, I had my lead look into your issue and he recently emailed you. Let us know if you agree with the suggestion he made in the email and we’ll take care of that for you! Thanks so much for your patience, we very much appreciate it.

SafariDude: I see you’ve been in communication with our Ben S. and that he’s going to follow up with you tomorrow! We genuinely appreciate your patience and cooperation. If you need anything in the meantime, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!