All of my domains are missing!

I have three domains on my DH account, and for some reason the WP is saying that I have none!

I can’t make any changes to any of my domains or do anything to affect my mail or forwarding until this is cleared up… HELP!

For now, the sites themselves are working normally, and the email seems to be unaffected as far as functionality, but if anyone at my office asks me to change anything that requires the WP I’m in deep doodoo.

Everyone’s are gone. Mine are, everyone’s I’ve talked to.

Oh, man, if I’m asked to change anything, I’m humped.

C’mon, I need this job… I was the one who made the administrative decision to go with DH in the first place…

Same here, they are missing from the panel, but everything appears to be resolving correctly. I’m guessing it has something to do with the DNS changes they are making outlined in announcement #4886813.

edit, here is a dig on my domain (I had to use ns2 as ns1 could not be reached)-

; <<>> DiG 9.2.3 <<>> @ns2.dreamhost.com xxxxxx.org
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 61763
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 3

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;xxxxxx.org. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
xxxxxx.org. 14400 IN A 64.111.103.81

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
xxxxxx.org. 14400 IN NS ns1.dreamhost.com.
xxxxxx.org. 14400 IN NS ns2.dreamhost.com.
xxxxxx.org. 14400 IN NS ns3.dreamhost.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.dreamhost.com. 14400 IN A 66.33.206.206
ns2.dreamhost.com. 14400 IN A 66.201.54.66
ns3.dreamhost.com. 14400 IN A 66.33.216.216

;; Query time: 84 msec
;; SERVER: 66.201.54.66#53(ns2.dreamhost.com)
;; WHEN: Tue Jul 26 10:16:38 2005
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 170

Mine too.

Does anyone have any idea on the ETA of their return? Is this a problem that is being looked at by Dreamhost techs or what? I haven’t needed to change anything in a while and finally when I doo, they are gone.

thanks,

my domains are also missing in the web admin panel, just glad they are really still there. I too am wondering about when this will be resolved.

My domain also is missing in the control panel. Fortunately enough, my site seems to be working fine apart from that. Still, that’s kind of an annoyance since I needed to edit something in the control panel. Oh well.

Centralized DreamHost Services Are Down for Emergency Maintenance Tuesday, July 26th 2005 From 9:30am until 11am PDT (GMT -7)
(Total downtime within that window is likely 20 minutes)
This affects the following services:
Web Panel
Signups
Domain Registrations
THIS DOES NOT AFFECT CUSTOMERS SITES, DATABASES, OR EMAIL. ALL YOUR STUFF IS UP AND WORKING FINE!

To have lived is not enough for them, they have to talk about it. – Samuel Beckett

Thanks for passing on the info prufrock!

Dang, it took three days to mysteriously get my email working last week now this… C’mon guys, let get things working right, huh? Please?

If I remember DH is running a M$ shop. Somebody should investigate Linux posthaste. It works… really. Really, really well.

I know this is hurting DH worse than it’s hurting me but it can’t keep going like this. I’d like to see you succeed and I’d like to stay but enough is enough… Fix it, guys!

I wonder if it has anything to do with this:

If you have customized your DNS settings for any of your domains or if you maintain your own DNS outside of our servers, you must read this and take action. If you have not customized your DNS in any way or don’t know what this means, you do not need to do anything.

We will be making some significant changes to how we configure our email servers in the next couple of weeks, and it is very important that your DNS is configured correctly. The best way to know if your DNS is configured correctly is to query the DreamHost DNS servers directly. You can do that with the UNIX ‘host’ command with syntax similar to this:

host -t any example.com ns1.dreamhost.com

If you need assistance with this, please contact our support team as soon as possible.

If you are using the default DreamHost set up, you do not need to do anything. This is only applicable to anyone who has customized their DNS configuration in a way other than how we recommend.

Happy DreamHost DNS Team

To have lived is not enough for them, they have to talk about it. – Samuel Beckett

Just got this from DH support 45 min ago-

Hello,

Sorry about the problem you have noticed with your domains missing from the panel. We had a problem with the database but the problem is corrected now. Sorry about the confusion this has caused you today. If you notice any lingering problems please let us know and we will be happy to correct that for you.

Thanks!
DreamHost Database Fix-It Team

[/quote]

oh, no, no, DH is a nix kind of town

Hope everyone WP is working again. Don’t forget good old ftp and shell :slight_smile:

That referenced announcement doesn’t have anything to do with the database problem we had a few days ago.

The announcement was poorly worded (I wrote it, sorry!). We’re not actually changing anything DNS related. The vast majority of users (probably 99.99%) don’t have to do anything.

We’re changing something email related that will only cause problems if you are not using our DNS servers AND you are using our email servers AND you don’t have the email-related portions of your DNS set up the way we set it up. Very few people fit that description, but the ones who do need to make sure their DNS is good to go so they don’t lose any email.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Head Honcho/Founder