All of a sudden

Hi,
We’ve got the crazy package
3 domain hosted
I am the superuser (well you know what I mean) and would ftp in as 1 user and make changes to the 3 .com folders. Well all of a sudden 2 of my sites stopped working and I’m happily told that it’s because I uploaded them as the wrong user. What happened- it wasn’t broke so why the fix? What was the fix? What changed?

Imagine if I had 20 sites to administer - you mean I have to ftp to 20 different .com’s with 20 different username/passwords?

Whats up?
Please advise

In the control panel, you set up each domain to be administered by a user. If you want one user with access to all of thoes doamins, then set each doamin for that user.

Same deal if you want to set up a differnet FTP account for one doamin, then that user will only have access to that doamin, and not the others.

-Matttail

Matt,

Thanks for the knowledge base

but

What happened …since November 2000 I’ve administered all sites under 1 username
I’ve ftp’d under 1 username/1 password to 3 different DOT com folders / those folders are in my “uber” user /home directory

Now -(as in 1 week) sites didnt show -they just showed dir listings

I got “a wee” picture from support and created a user and uploaded under that user name and it’s all good…but where was the notification? Or what did I miss ? When did I miss it? was basic-bongo so forgotten that it took this long to catch up? I just want to know what changed…and then I’ll continue hacking away :wink:

Venkman rules - sshhhhhh don’t let anyone know-gee I hope it’s still venkman

[php] ecco loco [/php]

like this? http://img67.exs.cx/img67/1840/this6ox.jpg

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

Yes twista exactly like that -
I’m not happy that I’ll have to manage
domain name/username/password combinations when previously my happy dreamhost accounts were easy. No big deal for the crazy package but for my code monster package life just got complicated. I guess I’m missing something obvious … but obviously I wasn’t aware that I was -
[rant]
sorta of like when my search rankings tanked on google…gee right after MSN came out with another over- commercialized search engine that is totally useless
yes I blame them
[/rant]