Affiliate Program

Hi everyone. I am new here and hope I am posting this in the proper section.

In about 2 week’s just before my current host closes down I will be moving to Dreamhost.

I have a question about the affliate program. Which would be the better way to go for cash out. Would the one time payment of 97 dollars be better or would the 10% of whatever be better.

Thank’s in advance.

The answer to your question really depends on what sort of plans your referrals are signing up for.

If they are tending to sign up to the cheaper plans, the one time payment would probably be the best option.

However, if many of your referrals are signing on for the expensive plans (ie: dedicated hosting), then the recurring payments would be the way to go.

Mark

Get [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] DreamHost Discount using promo code “[color=#CC0000]SAVEFIFTY[/color]” (Click For Plan Comparison)

Try one and then switch after a while. Whatever you do., don’t do the “save 50” in red coupon thing as most people either don’t understand it or if they do it makes your posts look spammy. Either way it’s not worth it.

Give helpful posts and put a simple referral link and you will make more.

What plan is best for you?Compare from this list and select the best plan

Hi Bob - I tested both.

Cheers.

I get the impression that this was directed at me.

I am relatively new here, but I have read the threads concerning affiliate links and do not recall seeing too much discussion about the colours that should be used in affiliate links.

I do see your point that having red text in the sig could make the post look ‘spammy’, so I have removed the red.

However, I will not remove the promo-code, as I think it is important to share the payment with the recipient and I see no other simple way of doing this.

Mark

Get $50 DreamHost Discount using promo code “SAVEFIFTY (Click For Plan Comparison)

No worries Mark. I saw so much red I thought it was Christmas early :slight_smile:

There are no hard and fast rules on this topic.

Cheers,
Peter

Thank’s everyone.

I am really getting anxious to move and wish the time was here already. But with such a busy site I figured it would be best to move everything over between Christmas and New Year’s when everyone is spending time with family and I am still unsure of the moving over part. As my host used to do it all for me.

http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?cherbear