Advanced Mode used, but I cannot see my WordPress install

apps

Hello,

I used Advance Mode to install WordPress on my domain, but when I log in via Filezilla, the WP files are not there. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BWood

Are you sure the WordPress install is under the same user as the one you are logging into?

Hi seanthegeek,

So all users don’t have access to all the files? I created a new user and that is the one I am logging in with.

Thanks,

Websites are single-user when it comes to FTP. Fully Hosted websites are installed in one user’s home directory. It’s that one user you need to use for logging in. You can find out who that user is from the panel here for Manage Domains.

Thanks sdayman! I am getting the original FTP users password now. I appreciate the help. That is different from other hosting companies I have used in the past; all FTP users can access all files on any given domain.

You can set it up so that all of your domains are managed by one user. But, it is best practice to make separate user names and passwords for each of your domains. That way, if one of the domains gets exploited, it is less likely to impact your other domains.