Address Not Found

Hey all,

Is there something I am missing in setup? I am getting the error “Firefox can’t find the server at www.theholisticmassage.com.” This error is also at www.mail.theholisticmassage.com.

I manage the site TheHolisticMassage.com. The client purchased the domain name will full hosting through dreamhost. The email is managed through GMail where I have set myself up as the administrator and the client as a user.

The domain and the hosting was paid for on 3/31/09 and the account is in good standing.

I have been able to connect using dreamweaver’s FTP and the WebFtp page.I uploaded an index.html page in the “/TheHolisticMassage.Com/” directory.

I have done everything that I can think of, but I am still not able to connect to the site. This is my first experience with dreamhost and it is not going well.

D

You do have the domain setup in the

Panel > Domains > Manage Domains

Also, inside the domain setup, you should select “Gmail” and the subdomain will not be www.mail.domain.com it will just simply be mail.domain.com

QBX,

Thanks. I went to Panel > Domains > Manage Domains > DNS. The DNS was already set to DreamHost, but I clicked the button anyway. The index.html came up on the site.

This is curious since WHOIS already showed the proper servers.

Again, thanks.

D