Hi there! Maybe this is not a new thing, but reading few articles on dreamhost didn’t help me with my question.
Here’s an issue:
- I have a domain, let’s say mydomain.[com], which is bought via Dreamhost and supported by Dreamhost hosting
- I’ve created a subdomain for it: subdomain.mydomain.[com]
- I’ve also bought a second domain from dreamhost: mydomain2.[com]
- I’ve created a mirror to point mydomain2.[com]to subdomain.mydomain.[com]
- Now I need to add an SSL to mydomain2.[com]which doesn’t work with mirrored sites
It is very important for me to have an SSL certificate, and that when people access mydoamin2.[com]they see the mydomain2.[com] and not the subdomain.mydomain.[com] in the URL bar. So redirects are not my case here.
Is there a way, maybe to stay away from mirroring and still accomplish my goals? I saw a DNS tab in the Manage Websites section. Maybe I can add a CNAME DNS record for a subdomain.mydomain.[com] so mydomain2.[com] points there? Though I actually thought mirroring works like this. I am not an advanced network engineer, so here I will need your help, community!