Adding an SSL to an initially mirrored subdomain in a proper way?

Hi there! Maybe this is not a new thing, but reading few articles on dreamhost didn’t help me with my question.

Here’s an issue:

• I have a domain, let’s say mydomain.[com], which is bought via Dreamhost and supported by Dreamhost hosting
  • I’ve created a subdomain for it: subdomain.mydomain.[com]
  • I’ve also bought a second domain from dreamhost: mydomain2.[com]
  • I’ve created a mirror to point mydomain2.[com]to subdomain.mydomain.[com]
  • Now I need to add an SSL to mydomain2.[com]which doesn’t work with mirrored sites :frowning:

It is very important for me to have an SSL certificate, and that when people access mydoamin2.[com]they see the mydomain2.[com] and not the subdomain.mydomain.[com] in the URL bar. So redirects are not my case here.
Is there a way, maybe to stay away from mirroring and still accomplish my goals? I saw a DNS tab in the Manage Websites section. Maybe I can add a CNAME DNS record for a subdomain.mydomain.[com] so mydomain2.[com] points there? Though I actually thought mirroring works like this. I am not an advanced network engineer, so here I will need your help, community!

You could fully host domain2 and set the web path to point to the existing subdomain directory.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.