The more I try to solve this problem, the deeper the problem is getting as I am having to change accounts, access codes, cannot get to the FTP server, husband is helping intermittently (though he now says he has no idea about what to do now), and at this point, I am pulling my hair out.
Is there any way someone from DreamHost can phone me directly? I don’t want to post my number here, but I think you have it in my data for my account.
To help, here is what I have ?accomplished? to date:
- We (hubby and I) set up a blog address.
- We set up a .com address (without “blog” in front of it)
- I downloaded a WordPress theme.
- I added posts, edited posts, added images, deleted images. This part is fine.
- I attempted to add advertising. That seemed to require plugins.
- I attempted to install plugins and found that I needed widgets.
- Since my initial theme did not have widgets, or ad-readiness, I attempted to install an ad-ready theme and could not do it because the system “could not find the wp directory.” I installed another theme which was widget ready and ad-friendly. I gathered that the reason I could not add other themes was because the designers had not updated them recently enough to be compatible with the version I have.
- I tried to download Adsense software. No one told me, nor did the literature state that I needed to open a google adsense account first.
- I opened a google adsense account, waited 4 days for approval, and now have the code ready.
- I cannot locate where to edit the website code to install this code.
- Got written tech support answer - they said I probably had a free deal and was unable to download stuff.
- I searched and found that I had a fully funded account, so wrote back. Tech support answered saying that I probably installed the easy installation and was therefore unable to add software to it.
- I searched and it appeared that I had done the advanced mode, but the system was not happy with some of the file features of mySQL account and database names.
- My husband had put both the website in with 2 addresses - one with blog in front of the name, one without. I cleaned that up, renaming the databases, and SQL accounts.
- In trying to locate the FTP, I ran into trouble. My husband changed the FTP to Filezilla last week. Now, Filezilla claims not to recognize my username or password, with no offer to email either.
- Good news? My blog still comes up when I type it into the web address box.
- Bad news? I still cannot seem to figure out how to ad adds to the program - cannot find a place where I can edit the code to insert the ad code, and now cannot seem to figure out if I’ve lost ground or gained it.
- I have also put a call in for a local computer guy to call me back to help me, but am frustrated because I understand DreamHost has help available - even by phone, but the process of getting that help is exhaustive. (I say that not to be “un-nice” but as feedback from the non-computer techie portion of your audience. I cannot even easily find if I have paid for live phone help in my plan, or not. This should be easy, at-a-glance information - with a price per hour if I should need to phone someone there…and a number to make that call.)
So, please know, I have done a LOT of google searches for help, and those entries are helpful, but at this point, I really need someone to look at this account and let me know how to solve the problem of not being able to add ads.