Adding a dynamic/secondary domain

Hi

I want to add a secondary domain from dyndns.org/no-ip.com. They basically let me have, myname.dyndns.org and point that myname.dyndns.org a DNS/IP.

So, I wanted to add myname.dyndns.org,and pointed it to IP of NS1 here (66.33.206.206). DH software doesn’t go.I know it works;I’ve done it at several hosts (who use Cpanel)

No, myname.dyndns.org isn’t some url forwarding/cloaking. I can ping it and it does resolve to NS1 here.

So…help please.

If you’re trying to get a hostname at your domain to point to your home computer with a dynamic IP address, you’re going about it the wrong way. You’ll want to create a CNAME record at DH, say home.example.net or whatever, and point that CNAME to your-host-name.dyndns.org.

If this isn’t what you want, maybe you could explain exactly what your desired end result is.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

Hi Kchrist

Thanks for reply :slight_smile:

No, I do not want it to point to m home PC. I want to it point to myusername.dreamhosters.com. This is exactly like adding a normal myexample.com domain (except I am adding myexample.dyndns.org with NS pointed to IP of NS1 here)

Ok, again end result is I want me.dyndns.org to go to myusername.dreamhosters.com, behaving like a real domain would (not url forwarding/cloaking)

Hope I am making myself clear grins

Did you find out if this is possible? I too am interested in doing this.