Activation pending

why does it took so long to activate my account i fill up everything right and why it took so long to approve my account… i want to cancel may i know how to cancel and get the money back easy cause we urgently need the service we pay for.
[hr]

Dreamhmost employees (green names in this forum) have told us in the past that instant automatic approval can happen, but there are certain conditions that will trigger manual approval. Of course for security reasons they can’t disclose all the checks. As far as manual approval that team doesn’t work 24/7, therefor accounts are approved during business hours (GMT-8) Monday-Friday. Weekends used to be a problem, however they now have someone covering weekend days as well although probably not full daytime coverage.

I already saw my invoice on my bank account and it already took $30 and on my account at dreamhost it is said as already paid. I REGISTER MONDAY AND IT SEEMS LIKE ON WHAT YOU JUST SAY ITS A WORKING DAY FOR DREAMHOST EMPLOYEES. I understand how long it will take to approve lot of registrants but what i really hate about it is why not note me for what happened why my account was still pending.GIVING ME CLUELESS MESSAGE why not email me too for what is needed to confirm all need to be confirmed. and knowing that there will be no refund for vps … it seems like its already a scum. I NEED A AN IMMEDIATE ACTION not A WORDS that cannot make the process move.

Hello Aih,

Thank you for contacting us for support. Your account needs to be manually approved and I apologize for the delay. I have sent both your tickets over to our approvals team who will update you shortly. Thank you for your patience as they look into the matter, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt C

Just as a note, banks will take the money out and hold it before we get it sometimes. It depends on the banks and if your activity flags any of their myriad checks.

I used to work at a bank. They do weird things that make no sense at all.

Hi,
I bought from Dreamhost and still my account is pending !
I contact support and don’t receive a reply!
My Account No. #2118236.
Ticket No. #6786387
Please advise

I’m sure waiting for approval is frustrating and I was probably frustrated when I signed up. But it’s only really one working day to wait. Dreamhost is a reputable company and the service is worth the wait.

Yes it would be nice if bank checks and identity checks etc was 100% automated and automatic, but there are costs - and risks - associated with not taking due diligence.

[color=#9400D3][quote=“DH_Matt_C, post:4, topic:62544”]
Hello Aih,

Thank you for contacting us for support. Your account needs to be manually approved and I apologize for the delay. I have sent both your tickets over to our approvals team who will update you shortly. Thank you for your patience as they look into the matter, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt C
[/quote][/color]

Hi, am having the same problem. Getting the pending message. Please advice.

Wait for someone from approvals to contact you. Once your account has been flagged for manual approval that is the only way.

People complain about this process, but at other hosts it would simply be an automated “your account request has been rejected” message, with dreamhost you’re simply waiting for a human fact checker. Unfortunately the demand for manual approval isn’t great enough for the dept to be staffed 24 hours a day, they do have weekend hours however.