Activation Fax

im having some trouble faxing in the form to activate my account. I live in australia, and im trying to fax it to dreamhost. When i call the phone number provided i get through fine and it works. But when i fax to that number i get “Number incorrect, please check the number and try again”

??

What number are you using? Since you are from Australia you should be using the following number…

0011 1 714 990 2600

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

yes that is the number im using…if i call the number it works, but if i fax it, it doesn’t work ???

Strange. As far as I am aware that fax number is still valid.

Perhaps the fax machine at DreamHost is not functioning correctly and this being the Christmas weekend, there may not be anyone there to rectify the problem.

About all I can suggest is to keep trying.

One other thing that comes to mind, are you sure that the fax machine you are using works? Has it been used recently?

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

yer the fax works, im using the one at the office where i work and probably sends and receives 50+ faxes per day

I didn’t think the problem would be that simple, but it was worth asking. :slight_smile:

As I said, about all I can suggest is that you keep trying (maybe after the Christmas weekend). You could send an email to DreamHost using the form linked below, but I doubt that you’d get a reply before the fax started working.

http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Mark

Have you tried using 0015 1 714 9902600?
All the best -
marsbar

just tried that number too, didnt work

I am not 100% sure, but I think the 0015 International FaxStream service is only available if Telstra is your provider.

Mark

lol i unplugged everything else that used the phone line in the office and it magically worked… weird

Excellent.

Perhaps the modem signal levels were very marginal for the call to DreamHost and something else on the line was providing just enough noise to stop things from working.

Would one of the devices you removed from the line happen to be an ADSL modem?

Mark

yep there was a ADSL2+ modem

I thought there might have been. In my experience, even if you have the fax machine behind an ADSL filter (as you should), some noise can still get through. Also, the filter itself can attenuate the fax signal. A combination of this noise and the attenuation could have been your problem.

Anyway, I am glad to hear that you got it working.

Good luck.

Mark

Are you sure you are able to fax overseas? If no, try to go to post office.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Did you actually read the thread?

The original poster resolved the problem by removing other devices from the line.

Mark